MOBILISE hosts regular workshops, panels, roundtables and meetings. Here is a selected list of our events and presentations based on MOBILISE project papers, data and analyses.
- MOBILISE Project Publication and Dissemination Workshop, University of Manchester, Tuesday December 14, 2021. (Organized by Onuch whole MOBILISE team participation).
Kolloquium Politik von unten. Wir begrüßen das Verbundprojekt „MOBILISE – Determinants of Mobilisation at Home & Abroad: Analysing the Micro-Foundations of Out-Migration & Mass Protest”. “Ads or Groups: Recruiting migrants, protesters and migrant protesters with Facebook”. December 13, 2021. (Goldstein).
- ASEEES Annual Convention, New Orleans “Polish Migrants’ Social Engagement: Between Everyday Activism and Protest Movements.” November 19, 2021. (Goldstein)
APSA. “Pandemic Effects on Protest Readiness: A Natural Experiment.” September 2021, Virtual APSA, USA. (Onuch)
- MOBILISE Belarus Special Issue PSA Workshop. June 16, 2021. (Onuch & Sasse + AB Members Robertson, Rosenfeld, Herasimenka).
- Tartu Conference on Russian and East European Studies, “Who are the protesters in Belarus.” June 2021. (Sasse)
- BASEES Regional Conference with EEGA and ZOiS 2021: “Push-Pull Factors of Protest and Migration.” June 2021. (Sasse)
- EPSA. “Pandemic Effects on Protest Readiness: A Natural Experiment.” June 2021, Virtual EPSA. (Onuch)
- PONARS, “Social Activism in Eurasia” Workshop. “Pro-EU but not Pro-Democracy: Protester Political Dispositions in Belarus.” 04/16/2021. (Onuch)
- ERES, George Washington University, “Who Are The Protesters in Belarus? Survey Evidence.” 04/08/2021. (Onuch)
- Harriman Institute, Columbia University, “The Original Maidan: Revisiting the Revolution the Granite in Comparative Perspective.” 04/08/2021. (Onuch)
- ASN, Columbia University. “Who Were the Protesters in Belarus.” May 2021, Virtual ASN, USA. (Onuch & Sasse – two separate panels both organized by Onuch & Sasse).
- ASN, Columbia University. “3 years of Zelensky – Populism, Protest, and Pandemic.” May 2021, Virtual ASN, USA. (Onuch – presentation and panel organization).
- ASN, Columbia University. “Polish Everyday Activism.” May 2021, Virtual ASN, USA. (Goldstein – panel organized by Onuch and included AB members Kubik & Ekiert).
- Danyliw Annual Lecture, University of Ottawa, Key Note. “Contemporary Engagement.” 03/27/2021. (Onuch)
- HURI, Harvard University, “Why Is Ukraine a Democracy?” TCUP Annual Conference. 02/03/2021 (Onuch)
- REES, University of Oxford, “Who are the Protesters in Belarus?: Survey Evidence.” 02/18/2021 (Onuch)
- “The Power of Images and Mass Mobilisation in Belarus” (ZOiS Forum online). December 15, 2020. https://www.facebook.com/events/275562500414098/ (Sasse & Onuch)
- Jordan Center NYU and Harriman Center at Columbia, ‘New York City-Russia Public Policy Series,’ “Belarus: Looking Forward and Looking East to Russia” December 8, 2020 (Onuch & AB member Herasimenka) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka4x1h8qZfs
- CAPRN, Kings, ZOiS Panel. “Protest in Poland: Popular Opposition, Women’s Rights, & PiS” November 24, 2020. (Goldstein & Onuch [organizer])
- Harvard Ukrainian Institute, “From ‘Glory to Ukraine’ to ‘Long Live Belarus’”, November 2020 (Onuch) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm1D1yidXXE&feature=youtu.be.
Chatham House. “The Belarus Crisis.” Chatham House, UK, November 9, 2020 (Onuch)
- ASEEES, “Civic Identity as Loyalty: Drivers of Protest and Migration.” November 2020, Virtual ASEEES, USA. (Onuch & Sasse)
- ASEEES, “Lone Wolves: Alone Protest in Mass Mobilization.” November 2020, Virtual ASEEES, USA. (Onuch & Santos)
- ASEEES, “Migrant Activism.” November 2020, Virtual ASEEES, USA. (Goldstein)
- APSA, “Lone Wolves: Alone Protest in Mass Mobilization.” September 2020, Virtual APSA, USA. (Onuch & Santos)
- APSA, “Push-Pull Factors of Protest and Migration.” September 2020, Virtual APSA, USA. (Onuch, Sasse, Doyle & AB member Beissinger discussant).
- APSA, “Pandemic Effect on Protest Willingness: A Natural Experiment.” September 2020, Virtual APSA, USA. (Onuch & Santos)
- Munk School of Global Affairs, CERES, University of Toronto “Belarus on the Edge”, August 26, 2020. (Onuch)
- Ukrainian Canadian Congress and Belarusian Canadian Alliance, “Special Briefing on Belarus,” August 21, 2020. (Onuch) https://www.facebook.com/ukrcancongress/videos/596236084596780/
- CAPRN, Kings, ZOiS Panel “Belarus Rising: The Roots and Routes of Revolution.” August 20, 2020 (Onuch, AB members: Herasimenka, Robertson, and Chernish).
- NYU. “The Ukraine Side of Impeachment”. New York City Russia Public Policy Series, Jordan Center for the Advanced Study of Russia, NYU and the Harriman Institute, Columbia University, NYC, USA. 01/23/2020 (Onuch) https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2020/january/-impeachment–from-the-ukrainian-perspective–jan–23-panel-disc.html
- APSA. Roundtable at 2019 APSA Annual Meeting (Presentations by: Doyle, Onuch, Sasse, AB members: Vieira, Whitehead).
- MOBILISE Workshop. “What Questions Should We Ask When We Study Protest Comparatively: Assessing Surveys, Interviews, Focus Groups and Social Media Based Research of Protesters”, A CAPRN and MOBILISE Project Workshop, University of Manchester, Friday June 7 -8, 2019 (Organized by Onuch – whole team in attendance + participating).
- ASN. “Ukrainian Elections” (1st presentation of MOBILISE findings), ASN, Columbia University, USA, May 2, 2019 (Presentation by Onuch)
- UK Launch of MOBILISE: “Capturing Mobilization in Crisis Contexts: Migration and Protest in Ukraine, Brazil & Venezuela”, Nuffield College, February 8, 2019 (Presentations by Onuch, Green, Whitehead, Meseguer, Doyle).
Prime Pumping – Pre-Project Launch Events
- Migration and Political Engagement: A Manchester Migration Lab Workshop, University of Manchester, June 9 -10, 2017 (organized by Onuch and Wilcock, Presentations by: Doyle, Ersanilli, Meseguer, Onuch & Toma)
- Exit and Voice Grant Writing Workshop, Nuffield College, The University of Oxford, May 2016 (organized by Onuch – Toma and Ersanilli in attendance)
- Exit and Voice Grant Writing Workshop, ENSEA, November 2016 (organized by Toma, Onuch and Ersanilli in attendance).
- Proof-of concept and pump-priming workshop, The University of Oxford, June 18-19, (organized by Onuch and Toma, Presentations by: Sasse, Doyle, Onuch & Toma)